Tag Archives: interactive promotions
January 7, 2011
Careening out of the canyon of confusion that was 2010 we come face-to-face with an alien marketing landscape of “owned media,” “geo-location” and “real-time.” What do these strange terms mean? What do they demand of marketers in retail? Are we facing another year of social media-driven craziness?
To calm everybody down, we enlisted a few of the youngest Media Logicians to help us with our predictions for retail marketing in 2011 (see our predictions in plain text below).
- There’ll be no more social media strategies for you, missy
- Anybody with a conversion fetish will be asked to leave
- Big box retailers will make friends with phones
- Media will stop costing money and start making money
- Interactive promotions will escape the Facebook tab
- Goodbye social media cowboy
- AdweekMedia’s 2011 list of “Agencies of the Year” will not include a single traditional advertising agency
- The headlines will read, “Facebook is Dead!”
- We’ll ask paid media to come out and play too
- I’m running away
- Don’t worry, marketing will get fun again